10 Interesting Africa Facts
Africa is the second largest continent in the world and has about 22% of the total land area of the earth. Africa has deserts and vast grasslands. There are many interesting things that we can find in Africa. This is 10 interesting Africa facts.
1. Egypt is the most popular tourist destinations in Africa, the Pyramid became one of the most visited attraction in Egypt.
2. With the inclusion of the disputed territory of Western Sahara and the countries on the coast of the island continent, there were a total of 54 independent states in Africa.
3. Africa’s current population is almost one billion people. Due to rapid population on Africa over the last 40 years. In African countries, more than half of the population under age 25.
4. Africa is a continent located in the center of all the continents with both the prime meridian (0 degrees longitude) and the equator (0 degrees latitude) through it.
5. Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and second largest freshwater lake in the world, covering an area of 26,830 square miles (69,490 square kilometers)
6. While Africans make up about 16% of the world’s population, and only a quarter of world languages used in Africa.
7. Arabic (in various dialects) is the most common languages used in Africa with about 170 million speakers, mainly in North Africa. On the continent as a whole, there are more than 2,000 languages used.
8. Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country, with an estimated population of people 125-145000000. Egypt is the second most populous country with more than 76 million people.
9. Most dense city in Africa is the Egyptian capital Cairo with 17 million populations estimated in the metropolitan area.
10. Africa’s largest country is Sudan with a total area of 967,490 square miles (2.5 million square kilometers), and the smallest country of Seychelles is an archipelago with a total area of just 175 square miles (453 square kilometers). Some of the above facts are facts about Africa.