10 Interesting Amazon River Facts
Amazon is the world’s largest river, in the Amazon River there are several species of freshwater fish with a giant size. Arapaima gigas is one of the largest freshwater fish in the world. Amazon owns ends are also the habitat of the Piranha fish, one meat-eating fish. It is 10 interesting Amazon River facts.
1. Amazon is a major river in South America based in the Amazon basin. This river surrounds and covers an area of Amazon Forest in 9 countries: Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana
2. This river appears in the Andes and flows eastward into the South Atlantic Ocean
3. Amazon River in the area of forest, this river always floods when it rains.
4. Amazon River is the second longest river in the world with a length of 6400 kilometers (4000 miles), the Nile is the longest river in the world.
5. Amazon river is sometimes called the sea river because of size, are very broad.
6. More than 33% of all species that exist in the world live in the Amazon Rain Forest
7. Anaconda snakes can be found in the shallow waters of the Amazon Basin.
8. Vicente Yanez Pinzon was the first European to sail through the river in 1500.Orang Amazon in Europe who sailed the Amazon River track was Francisco de Orellana in 1542.
9. Amazon River flows through Brazil, Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela
10. Amazon River has more than 1,100 tributaries, 17 of which have a length of more than 1,500 kilometers. Tributary is a small river, which flows into the main river.
Amazon is home to thousands of animal species, the Amazon rainforest is also home to several rare species. Some of the above facts are facts about the Amazon River.