10 Interesting Egg Nutrition Facts
As a daily food, eggs needed to meet the nutritional needs of the body. It feels good, easily digested and suitable consumed all age groups, from infants to the elderly. Another advantage of eggs is can be processed into various kinds of side dishes are delicious. To know better the cheap source of nutrition that is, let us look at 10 interesting egg nutrition facts that may not know.
1. Egg protein has a utility value (net protein utilization) 100 percent. Compare with chicken meat (80 percent) and milk (75 percent).
2. Egg shell made of calcium carbonate which is also the main base material several types of antacids. Approximately 9-12 percent by weight egg consists of his skin. Egg shell has pores so that oxygen can enter and carbon dioxide and moisture out.
3. Egg white is made from protein called albumen and also contains niacin (vitamin B3), riboflavin (vitamin B2), chlorine, magnesium, potassium, sodium and sulfur. Egg white contains 57 percent of egg protein.
4. The color of egg yolks from hens determined by the food. The color of egg yolks determined by the food that consumed by Hens. The more grain that has a yellow and orange pigments that eat the hen, the more obvious the color of egg yolks.
5. The color of eggs also varies according to age and other factors. According to the Egg Safety Center, United States, egg white actually indicates slightly turbid fresh eggs. Clear white color signifies the eggs come from chickens that are old. Avoid eating eggs pinkish white color or other discoloration.
6. Sometimes there is little blood in the egg. Blood comes from blood vessels in the yolk is broken. However, these eggs remain safe to eat.
7. When hatched, the egg temperature around 40.5 degrees Celsius. The colder, the liquid in it will settle and the air cell is formed between two layers of eggs.
8. Hens capable of laying 250-270 eggs each year.
9. Most Americans prefer chicken egg white.
10. Compared with chicken eggs, duck eggs have a more fishy smell and a larger size.
Some of the above items are facts about egg nutrition, it is a unique food and foods that have higher value uses protein from chicken and milk.