10 Interesting Facts about America
America is one of the greatest countries in the world; this country is one country that has the highest population in the world. So far we only know that America is a superpower country, but America also has funny facts throughout history. Here are 10 interesting America facts.
1. Technically there are only 46 states, Massachusetts, Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania commonwealth.
2. Ulysses S. Grant never fined twenty dollars for speeding chariot.
3. In 1916, Jeanette Rankin was the first woman ever elected to the House. But although he could choose in Congress, women’s suffrage was not passed in the United States at that time.
4. President Taft was the largest weighing 332 pounds and she was once caught up in the White House bathtub.
5. Maine is the only country to have only one syllable.
6. President Thomas Jefferson and John Quincy Adams died on the same day, July 4, 1826 at the time of the fiftieth anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
7. Massachusetts is home to a body of water with the longest name in the United States, Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.
8. Second vice-president James Madison died when he was in office.
9. Rhode Island is the smallest country in the U.S. but it has the longest name. The official name is Rhode Island: Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
10. Until Ronald Reagan (who was elected in 1980) all the presidents elected in a year died or were killed while in office, this includes Abraham Lincoln (1860), James Garfield (1880), William McKinley (1900), Warren G. Harding (1920), Franklin Roosevelt (1940), and John F. Kennedy (1960).
United States is currently a world economic leader, America has a very wide influence in the world economy. Some of the unique things above are facts about America.