10 Interesting Facts about Hawaii
Hawaii is one of the favorite tourist destinations for people around the world. No place on earth like Hawaii. Everyone wants to enjoy a vacation in Hawaii. Here you will find 10 facts about Hawaii.
1. Hawaii has eight main islands: Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, and the “Big Island” of Hawaii.
2. Hawaii is the most isolated population center on earth. Hawaii is 2390 miles from California; 3850 miles from Japan; 4900 miles from China, and 5280 miles from the Philippines.
3. Hawaii is the only U.S. state that can only grow coffee.
4. If measured from east to west, Hawaii is the largest state in the United States.
5. More than a third of the worldwide supply of pineapples comes from Hawaii.
6. The peak in the Hawaiian Islands is the largest in the world.
7. Honolulu peak star (the star that rises directly above it) named Arcturus. Hawaii community called Hokule’a (Hoo koo lay uh).
8. The first Asian-American senator in Hawaii is Hiram Fong. Senator Fong was descended from Chinese immigrants.
9. Hawaii is the 50th state to join the United States on August 20, 1959.
10. Hawaii has its own time zone (Hawaiian Standard Time). No daylight savings time. Hawaiian time runs two hours behind Pacific Standard Time and five hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
This is Hawaii facts you may not know.