10 Interesting Facts about Ireland
Ireland is a country in Europe, Ireland has an interesting culture. At one time Ireland was known only as “Island of Saints and Scholars”, but this time the Irish have a variety of interesting things. Here are 10 interesting Ireland facts.
1. Harp, also known as a national symbol of Ireland, Celtic crosses, shamrock and Irish wolf all the famous symbols of Ireland.
2. The majority of Ireland’s population is Roman Catholic (88%).
3. Irish Gaelic is the national language. Only in the (Irish speaking) Gaeltacht areas of Ireland you will find that Ireland is used as an everyday language. In all other parts of Ireland, English is the spoken language.
4. India has several well-known music groups, one of which is U2, followed by The Boomtown Rats, Thin Lizzy and recently Boyzone and Westlife.
5. Some residents of Ireland who became a Hollywood actress are Richard Harris, Pierce Brosnan, Cillian Murphy and Colin Farrell.
6. In the world of Irish literature has produced Bram Stoker, James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, 6. William Butler Yeats, Maeve Binchy and Celia Aherne.
7. Saint Patrick is man that brought Christianity to Ireland in 430 AD. St. Patrick’s Day celebrations on 17 March worldwide.
8. Dublin was founded by Vikings in 988 and was originally called Dubh Linn (which means Black Fitness Ireland).
9. Boston proud to host the event first Saint Patrick Day Parade organized by the Charitable Irish Society in 1737.
10. Shannon river 240 miles long is the longest river in Ireland. It contains three lakes, Lough Allen, Lough Ree and Lough Derg.
Ireland is an interesting place to visit. Ireland is an exotic place in Europe. Some things above are the facts about Ireland.