10 Interesting Facts about Italy
Italy is a country in southern Europe that consists of a boot-shaped peninsula and two large islands in the Mediterranean: Sicily and Sardinia. Italy borders France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia. State of San Marino and the Vatican is an enclave in the territory of Italy. Italy is a country with the oldest culture in Europe. The following are interesting italy facts.
1. Italy has a hotel room far more than other countries in Europe.
2. In Rome and Naples, just snow briefly once every few years, while in New York snow very often in the winter
3. All people 18 and over can vote, but you must be at least 25 to vote in Senate elections.
4. Pizza is one of very few words that are understood throughout the world
5. Pizza “created” in Naples around 1860’s
6. Nearly 20% of the population of Italy is more than 65 years.
7. Italy borders Austria, France, Vatican City, San Marino, Slovenia, and Switzerland.
8. Longest border with Switzerland.
9. Each of the average Italian family has 1.27 children.
10. The last from these facts about Italy that Italy is slightly larger than Arizona.