10 Interesting Flood Facts
Floods are natural events that caused such a large amount of water. Floods can destroy anything. There are various causes of flooding, one of which is logging. It is interesting flood facts.
1. Since 1900, floods have killed 10,000 people in the United States alone.
2. Flash floods often carry water as high as 10 to 20 feet.
3. 95% of those who perished in the flood try to outrun the waters along their path rather than climbing rocks or going to a place higher up the ranks.
4. 66% of deaths caused by floods usually occur in the vehicle, and most happen when drivers make a single fatal mistake trying to navigate through flood waters.
5. Just 6 inches of rapidly moving flood water can make-person fall down.
6. Floods with a height of 2 meters of water can float a large vehicle even a bus.
7. 1 / 3 of the roads flooded and bridges are usually destroyed by the flood, and only 50% of people who will survive when crossing the bridge is destroyed.
8. Mississippi River Flood of 1993 covered an area 500 miles long and 200 miles wide. More than 50,000 homes were destroyed, and 12,000 miles of farmland damaged.
9. Hurricanes, winter storms and snow melt (but often overlooked) is one of the causes of flooding.
10. The new land development can increase flood risk, especially if the construction changes natural runoff paths. Some of the above facts are facts about the flood of interest for us to know.