10 Interesting River Facts
The river has many uses, in most countries of the world’s rivers are used for transportation and recreation. In some developing countries the river used for bathing and drinking. Here are 10 interesting river facts.
1. The world’s longest river is the River Nile, this river length is about 6650 kilometers in length (4132 miles).
2. The second longest river in the world is the Amazon River, reaching about 6400 kilometers in length (4000 miles).
3. The longest river in the United States is the Missouri River, stretches about 2340 miles (3770 km) long (slightly longer than the Mississippi River).
4. Small rivers often have different names i.e. creek, stream and brook.
5. The river typically contains fresh water.
6. Said upstream (or upstream) refers to the direction of river water sources, while the downstream (or downstream) refers to the final destination direction of water flow.
7. The river has many uses, including fishing, bathing, transportation and sports.
8. The University Boat Race is held every year on the River Thames in London between Oxford University Boat Club and Cambridge University Boat Club. Features eight crew members battle it out on the course of 6779 (4 miles and 374 yards) m.
9. Colorado River flows through the south western United States and northern Mexico west, this river to the famous Hoover Dam.
10. River Ganges, the Indus River and the Yangtze River is the third most polluted rivers on Earth. Some of the things above are the facts about river.