10 Interesting Shark Facts
Sharks are fish known as the predator who became king of the world’s oceans. But the ferocity behind it, it turns out shark to save various unique. It is 10 shark facts.
1. Sharks can sense a drop of blood from 2.5 miles away. They can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
2. Sharks are so powerful that their bite can generate forces up to 6 tons per square inch.
3. Sharks, in 400 million years on earth, have demonstrated an uncanny ability to fight cancer and other diseases. This has raised hopes among medical researchers that the oceans most feared predator will turn into friends of cancer patients. Investigators continue to study the immune system of sharks to see if he could give an answer to stop the spread of cancer in humans.
4. Sharks can live up to 100 years. The biggest shark is the whale shark which can reach lengths of up to 50 feet (15m). Sharks have approximately 300 rows of teeth, with hundreds of tiny teeth in each row.
5. Dogfish sharks are named for their tendency to attack their prey as a pack of wild dogs
6. Sharks do not have a hard skeleton but consists of cartilage.
7. Sharks can generate about six bite pressures per square inch and half tons.
8. Ostriches are often said to have the largest eggs, but the world’s largest egg is actually owned by a shark, the whale shark. The eggs have a length of 14 inches (36 cm), was found in the Gulf of Mexico in 1953.
9. Sharks can survive at least 6 weeks without eating. The record for a shark fasting was observed in an aquarium with the Swell Shark, which did not eat for 15 months.
10. The tail and fins of sharks. Sharks have seven fins and a tail. These fins help them to maneuver in water. Fin whale is the largest in the body of the dorsal fin. The fins are commonly seen appear on the surface of water. Sharks cannot live without fins, shark fin poaching would interfere with the existence of sharks.
Facts above is 10 facts about shark that you may not know.