10 Interesting Tiger Facts
Tiger is the largest species of the cat family. Tigers are wild animals, but the current tiger populations are threatened due to continued hunted for their leather. It is 10 interesting tiger facts.
1. The tiger is the largest species of the family cat and the tiger can reach lengths of up to 3.3 meters (11 feet) and weigh as much as 300 kilograms (660 pounds).
2. Tiger subspecies including the Sumatran tiger, Siberian tiger, Bengal Tiger, South China tiger, and the Indochina Tiger Malayan Tiger.
3. Many good tiger subspecies are extinct or nearly extinct. Humans are the main cause of this through poaching and habitat destruction.
4. About half of the cubs live on less than two years and Tiger / Lion left their mother when they were about 2 years.
5. Tigers are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometers.
6. Various subspecies of tiger is the national animal of Bangladesh, India, North Korea, South Korea and Malaysia.
7. Tigers usually hunt alone at night, but less than 10% that successful for the tiger.
8. The tiger is known to run at speeds of up to 65 miles per hour.
9. Tigers can jump easily over 5 meters.
10. Rare white tiger is a tiger because it carries a gene that is only present in about 1 in every 10,000 tigers.
Some of the above facts are facts about tiger and showed that the tiger is a unique animal. We must keep the tiger habitat that is not extinct.