10 Interesting Utah Facts
Utah is a state in the United States. There are many interesting facts about Utah, here are 10 interesting Utah facts.
1. Utah was first explored for the benefit of Spain by the Franciscan Friars Escalante and Dominguez in 1776
2. Utah has the first department store in the United States, department store built in Utah in the 1800s. This store named Zion’s Co-operative Mercantile.
3. Great Salt Lake has a depth of 34 meters at its deepest point.
4. Salt Lake City was discovered by Jim Bridger in 1824.
5. Salt Lake City was originally called the Great Salt Lake City until 1868.
6. The average thickness of snow on the mountains next to Salt Lake is 500 inches.
7. Rainbow Bridge is the world biggest natural rock structure includes more than 278 feet wide and 309 meters.
8. TV show “Touched by an Angel” was filmed in Utah.
9. The symbol is the Beehive State.
10. The Movies “A Space Odyssey” “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” “Forest Gump” “Independence Day” “Thelma and Louis” and “Footloose” all filmed in Utah.
There are still many interesting facts about Utah, but we only review 10 facts about Utah’s most important and you should know.