10 Interesting Facts about Texas
Texas is one of the largest states in the United States and one of the most important states in the country. Texas is also home to 24 million Americans and 16 million cattle from different families. The name itself is taken from the Texas Indians Hasinai vocabulary, which means friends or allies, this is the facts about Texas that might interest you.
1. Facts about Austin
70 Percent of people living in Austin Texas with area 200 miles square miles. Austin is located on the Colorado River and the capital of managing a giant Capitol building constructed of Texas pink granite. At the time of the Republic of Texas (1840-1842), the building became the president’s office. Austin capitol is technically higher than the white house.
2. 3 of the top 10 busiest cities in the U.S. at Texas State. Texas has some big cities such as Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. For information, Houston is the first word spoken after the astronomer who first landed on the moon on July 20, 1969.
3. Harris County Texas is the third most populous county in the U.S. The city serves 3.4 million residents. Still in Texas, Loving County is the most desolate areas in Texas and the U.S… Only 67 residents lived in the area.
4. Dallas-Fort Worth area has a population (at 6.9 million) from 39 other countries in the United States. Colorado alone has 5 million inhabitants (census in February 2011). Brewster is the largest area in Texas, which covers 6208 square miles. Brewster is larger than Connecticut (5544 square miles) or Delaware and Rhode Island.
5.1 State 6 Nations
In the history of Texas, six states have established state in the past. Spain from 1519 until 166 years later, France from 1685 to 5 years of head, back to Spain again 1690-1821, Mexican 1821-1836, Republic of Texas 1836-1845, United States 1845-1861,
6. King Ranch Quick fact
King Ranch is one of the largest farms in the U.S.. It is larger than the state of Rhode Island and bounded by the two thousand mile long fence. King Ranch is located near Corpus Christi and houses more than 50 thousand cattle.
7. In Texas, we can find more than 23,292 farms and each of them is a thousand acres. Totally, the farm is 132 million hectares or about 80 percent of Texas.
8. Texas Mountains
Within Texas, there are 90 mountains. Most of them are a mile high and more. Guadalupe Peak is the highest point in Texas. It rises 8751 meters
9. Texas is the basis for America, popular sports teams like the Dallas Stars, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Maverick, Houston Astros, Houston Rockets, Houston Comets, the Texas Rangers and the San Antonio Spurs.
10. World Record of Texas.
American-Texas, the largest wool producer and Texas have the Tyler Rose City Park, which houses 38,000 of the 500 varieties of roses, and it is the largest rose garden in the world, And the last one about Texas facts, At Fulton we can find the oldest oak tree. This tree is estimated to 1,500 years now.