10 Interesting Facts about Global Warming
There are 10 interesting facts we need to know about global warming. Global warming facts is a collection of some facts that should be known by a person about global warming and not everyone knows this fact.
1. More than 90% of people believe if humans are the cause of global warming, and this is a conclusion drawn from the report made by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). This report has been approved by government scientists and more than 40 countries.
2. 11 of the last 12 years is the hottest weather for the earth’s surface ever recorded since 1850. Temperatures during the last 50 years this is the hottest temperature of the earth’s surface during the last 1300 years, and it is all caused by global warming.
3. Currently, human waste more than 1000 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere, it is that causes the greenhouse effect so that the incoming sunlight to the earth cannot be reflected back into space. This causes the earth like a greenhouse and the temperature of the earth becomes hotter. All this is caused by human use of fossil fuels as a source of energy and produce CO2.
4. Greenhouse gas concentrations due to much higher today than 650,000 years ago. 35% of the atmosphere today is carbon dioxide produced by burning fossil fuels. Levels of carbon dioxide is very high in the atmosphere can cause acid rain which is very harmful to human health.
5. Global warming has made the weather around the world ride, other than that global warming is making ice in the polar north and south poles melt, making sea levels rise. Sea level rise at this time go round the highest since 3000 years ago. In addition, global warming has made a permanent snow in some the world’s highest mountain melt. Also warming causes extreme weather such as hurricanes, floods and severe droughts.
6. Effects of global warming predicted to occur most severely in 2100. At that time the earth’s surface temperature is expected to raise 2 to 11 degrees Fahrenheit. When the temperature of the earth is getting hotter, the ice in the polar north and south poles will also melt causing sea levels rise a few meters. Some places are located on the beach will be lost, but it will happen storms and various natural disasters such as floods and long droughts.
7. Year 2100 is expected to occur many terrible disasters, the number of humans on earth will be less and less because there are many disasters. Drought, starvation and various diseases will make a higher mortality rate. Reduced livable place also be a cause of reduction in the number of people around the world, animals other than humans will also feel the effects of global warming.
8. 25% of the species in the world will soon be extinct, and if global warming is not addressed then 50 years another 1000 species of plants and animals will be extinct from the earth’s surface. At present, some species have lost their habitat, the forest industry has been transformed into a place that makes the habitat of various species of animals damaged and eventually they became extinct. All this is caused by humans who destroy the forests and environment.
9. China is a country which produces flue gases from fossil fuels highest, other than the United States that emit greenhouse gases is much higher than other countries.
10. It’s too late for us to stop global warming, but we still have time to inhibit the occurrence of global warming even worse. We must repair the damaged forest and also restrict the use of fossil fuels. We must switch to using environmentally friendly technology. Effects of global warming are something very terrible, but by knowing the facts about global warming may make people aware of the mistakes they did.