10 Interesting Poverty Facts
Poverty has become an enemy to all people around the world. Poverty is influenced by a variety of things, all states seek to fight poverty. At least 80% of people in the world income is less than $ 10 per day, even in some developing countries, their income is less than $ 2 per day. Here are 10 interesting poverty facts.
1. More than 80 percent of the world’s population live in countries where income differences are striking
2. 40 percent of the poor of the world accounted for 5 percent of total global income. Richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of income.
3. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die every day due to poverty. And “their suffering untouched in some of the world’s poorest villages, away from supervision and the conscience of the world.
4. Approximately 27-28% of all children in developing countries is expected to stunted growth weight. The second area is a lot happening that South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
5. If current trends continue, the Millennium Development Goal target of halving the population of children who are underweight will be left with 30 million children, mainly because of slow progress in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
6. Based on registration data, about 72 million children of primary school age in developing countries are not in school in 2005, 57 percent of them are women.
7. Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or write their names.
8. Less than one percent of what the world spends every year on weapons is needed to enroll their children in 2000 but it did not happen.
9. Infectious diseases continue to spread in the lives of poor people around the world. About 40 million people living with HIV / AIDS, with 3 million deaths in 2004. Every year there are 350-500 million cases of malaria, with 1 million fatalities: Africa accounts for 90 percent of malarial deaths and African children accounted for 80% of the total deaths due to malaria worldwide.
10. 10.6 million died in 2003 before they reached the age of 5 (same as children population in France, Germany, Greece and Italy). These are the facts about poverty, and poverty is an enemy to all people in the world.