10 Interesting Water Facts
Water is the main requirement for all human life. Water is the source of life, without water all living creatures on earth will die. Currently the amount of clean water decrease because polluted by industrial waste. This is 10 interesting water facts that maybe we do not know.
1. The amount of water on earth as was first formed. The total water on our planet has remained the same for 2 billion years. So the water you drink may contain molecules of water drunk dinosaur.
2. Within 100 years, a water molecule spends 98 years at sea, 20 months as ice, about 2 weeks in lakes and rivers, and less than a week in the atmosphere.
3. Water is the only substance found naturally in the earth in three forms: liquid, gas, solid.
4. 80% of the earth’s water is surface water. Other 20% is either ground water or water vapor atmosphere. From all water on earth, there is only 2.5% of fresh water. More than 90% of the world’s freshwater supply is located in Antarctica.
5. Total water on earth has a volume of about 344 million cubic miles. And 315 million cubic miles of water is sea water.
1. 9 million cubic miles of groundwater in the aquifer.
2. Position 7 million cubic miles of frozen in the ice at the poles.
3. 53,000 cubic kilometers of water through the lakes and rivers planet.
4. 4000 cubic kilometers of water is atmospheric humidity.
5. 3400 cubic kilometers of water locked up in the living body.
6. The total amount of water in the body of an average adult is 37 liters.
1. The human brain is 75% water.
2. Human bones are 25% water.
3. Human blood is 83% water.
7. 75% of chicken is water. 80% of the pineapple is water. 95% of the tomato is water. 70% of the elephant is water.
8. Every day, the sun is 1 trillion tons of water evaporates. A tree will be issued 265 liters (70 gallons) of water per day in evaporation. One acre of corn will issue 15,000 liters (4,000 gallons) of water per day in evaporation.
9. 2 / 3 of water used in the home used in the bathroom.
10. Drinking too much water can cause water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water is diluted level of sodium in the bloodstream and cause water imbalance in the brain. Water intoxication is most likely occurring during periods of intense athletic performance. This is popular facts about water.