10 Interesting Watermelon Nutrition Facts
Watermelon is a fruit that grows in tropical areas, according to several sources watermelon comes from the African region but is growing rapidly in Asia. It is 10 Interesting Watermelon Nutrition Facts.
1. High water content (92 percent) made the watermelon an excellent body cleanser. Although mainly fluid, watermelon is rich in potassium and calcium, which makes it very good to eliminate colic. Its skin contains chlorophyll, which is good for glands and blood. Suck the inside of the skin can help prevent motion sickness. Good for arthritis, uremic poisoning, skin disorders, gout, anemia, kidney stones, nausea, and colic.
2. Watermelon proven to reduce the risk of a series of fatal diseases such as asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis. Watermelon is also rich sources of B vitamins the body needs to produce energy.
3. Watermelon is a very good food source because of its rich content of vitamin B6. So also contain vitamin B1, magnesium, and potassium in sufficient quantities.
4. Water content is high, but lower calories than other fruits, making the watermelon as a fruit of a solid will contain important nutrients.
5. As a source of vitamins A and C, watermelon also contains lycopene, the red pigment that occurs naturally in certain plants. Apart from being a dye that makes watermelons appear attractive, lycopene also act as antioxidants are very good in helping prevent heart disease and some cancers.
6. Until recent decades, watermelon is a seasonal fruit that only appeared on the market for several months and then disappeared until late summer. Then, the program of selecting the seeds of excellence continues to be encouraged in order to increase nutrients qualities watermelon thoroughly.
7. A recent survey indicates, the middle class is the largest watermelon consumers. The largest portion was occupied by a number of procurement watermelon retail outlets, because the fruit is included in the category of home food. Among the 3 types of melon seed, varieties Honeydew melon holds the record as the most popular.
8. Body conditioning
9. Stimulates the release of urine, so good for you who have trouble in urinating.
10. Anti-inflammation, fever, and thrush
Watermelon appeared to have many benefits for the human body, some of the above are facts about Watermelon nutrition.